Monday, February 11, 2019

Dr. Demento


When I was in high school, I listened to a radio program called Dr. Demento. Does anyone remember that? There’s a Facebook page for it. “The doctor is in!”

The word “demento” for “demented” which meant crazy, was new to me, as a teenager. I never thought I’d ….

The song they played was: “They’re coming to take me away haha, they’re coming to take me away hoho hehe haha! And I’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats….”

But now, no one comes to take them away. They are given a dementia or Alzheimer’s diagnosis and the family is expected to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seek Its Way Home

While I was staying with my parents this Christmas, there was a curious incident of the sticky honey bear squeeze bottle. My last morn...