Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Oranges, Bananas, Monkeys


“Have you ever bought a carton of orange juice from the grocery store?” he asked.

“Have you drunk orange juice from a carton?”

“Have you peeled an orange and sucked the juice out?”

This line of questioning over the phone was at 8:15 a.m. my time, 10:15 his time. He said he’d just eaten four oranges and four tangerines. 

I’d ordered a cookbook to be sent to their house for me to give as a Christmas present to someone when I got there. But he’d opened the box and started reading the cookbook and it said that to get the most nutrition from orange juice, you should eat a fresh one.

“Have you watched a monkey eat an orange or banana? After the monkey eats the oranges and bananas, it just drops the peels on the ground, but inside a house you have to use a plate and a trash can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seek Its Way Home

While I was staying with my parents this Christmas, there was a curious incident of the sticky honey bear squeeze bottle. My last morn...