Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Ex-Lax and Hearing Aids


I never know who will answer when I call home. My dad answered today.

“How’s it going Daddy?”
“Well, I spent most of the day on the toilet.”
“Did you take a laxative?”
“Yeah, uh, what’s the name of that? I took Ex-Lax last night. It didn’t do anything. I took…” I hear yelling in the background. “Mah-gret! What’s the name of that…”

He comes back to the phone: “Miralax. I mixed it with some real hot water. I got mama to boil some water. But it still didn’t work.” 
Pause. “A good bowel movement is better than a good meal.”

OK. Change the subject: “How’s your weather?”
“It’s nice. How’s yours?” he asked.
“It’s warm today. Gonna get cold tomorrow,” I said.

“Would you believe I found my hearing aid. It was on the floor by the chair at the breakfast table. I looked for it all over!”
Me: “I’m glad you found it.”
“Yeah, we gotta go to the doctor first thing in the morning. She’s got to take the stitches out where she removed the skin cancer.”
Me: “Oh, I didn’t know you had stitches.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seek Its Way Home

While I was staying with my parents this Christmas, there was a curious incident of the sticky honey bear squeeze bottle. My last morn...