Tuesday, December 18, 2018

BBs


I called and my dad answered.

“What’cha doing?” I asked.

“I’m sitting at the table putting some BBs in a gun,” he said. “I wrapped a few presents and thought I’d do something different.” (It’s early December.)

“Oh, what do you need the gun for?” I inquired.

“Why? Are you going to tell me I shouldn’t?” he replied. Immediately defensive. Hmmm. That hasn’t happened in a while.

Me: “No I just wondered why you were doing it.” Better change the subject. “Did you decorate your tree?”

“No, haven’t decorated it yet. Are you going to get after me about that now?” he said.

Wow, that’s different.

“Let me talk to mom,” I said looking for a way out.

So then mom picked up and said his behavior is different today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seek Its Way Home

While I was staying with my parents this Christmas, there was a curious incident of the sticky honey bear squeeze bottle. My last morn...